Benefits of NAMW MembershipMemoir Writers Start Here
At The National Association of Memoir Writers, we believe in the Power of Memoir Writing!
Writing a memoir is a powerful way to find your voice, tell your story, and reach out to the larger world with who you are. It’s a process of mining memories and discovering the most meaningful stories—the Turning Points that create the spine of your memoir, the basic themes and plot. A memoir writer needs to learn the skills to write a memoir that weaves craft and truth—which can mean confronting conflicting family stories, interpreting memories and events that were life changing, and finding a way to witness and offer testimony to these events. A memoir is a way to share knowledge and connect with others. Through the benefits offered at NAMW, we help writers feel empowered with purpose and energy to begin and develop their stories into a publishable memoir, whether in essay form, a book, a family legacy, or a blog. We offer over 80 audios of live member teleseminars, several free eBooks, and discounts on workshops and writing craft tools and products. The founder, Linda Joy Myers, has taught memoir writing for many years, and has written three books on memoir writing and her own award-winning memoir Don’t Call Me Mother. Her book The Power of Memoir is an 8 Step course in memoir writing in book form!
Join NAMW today!
- E-book by Jerry Waxler. How to Structure a Memoir. In this e-book, Jerry offers instruction on how best to structure your memories to create engaging memoir essays and stories.
- E-book by Sharon Lippincott, Dazzling Descriptions: Selected Blog Posts from the Heart and Craft of Life Writing. Sharon Lippincott is a NAMW Advisory board member. Learn more about Sharon by clicking here A $20 value.
- E-Book by Jerry Waxler On Becoming a Writer. Jerry’s eBook guides the beginning writer through the early stages of writing and creating a memoir. He draws from his book The Four Elements for Writers–Earth, Fire, Air and Water as metaphors for the creative process. A $20 value.
Group Laser Coaching with Linda Joy Myers
Members receive this special benefit to join NAMW president Linda joy Myers in an intimate laser coaching setting.
- Each month, members sign up to get the exclusive audio recording of the meeting for their archives. You know how hard it is to remember a conversation while you’re in it? This way, you can listen over and over again to the insights and remember how the hive mind comes up with creative new ideas–about titles, structure, theme, plot, and characterization skills in your memoir.
- Laser coaching focuses quickly on the problem and looks for a solution and resources.
- Everyone benefits from a group call—even if you can’t ask “your” question, you hear the questions and answers from the group.
- You can be at any stage of writing your memoir to get value from this deep dive into the craft and process of writing a memoir.
- Group coaching helps connect the NAMW community.
An Invitation to attend and participate in LIVE monthly Member Events via Zoom. From the comfort of your home, you can call in to talk with a variety of experts about memoir writing and spiritual autobiography. You can learn about creating your plot from dreams and memories, the psychology of memoir writing, how to write the truth and still be invited for the holidays, the healing power of writing, and much more. These teleseminars are over a $600 value and are included at no additional charge to members of NAMW. During these teleseminars, our members learn about the important elements in memoir writing. Inspirational, instructive, and valuable telecourses that help you begin, develop, and complete your memoir. Check out our Member Event page for an up to date listing of confirmed monthly Member Events!
Special Member Discounts for Workshops, Online Classes, and Webinars
NAMW members get exclusive discounts for each workshop and class offering at the National Association of Memoir Writers. Workshops have included Begin Your Memoir, Spiritual Autobiography and Healing Memoir, Memoir and Plot and others by experts in memoir writing.
Exclusive access to our members only Facebook Group
If you want to share how your writing life is going, you can tell us more on our Facebook page. This space will help you to connect with other members, share your story ideas and progress, and talk about the skills you need to write and publish your memoir. The NAMW Members Only Facebook Group is visible and accessible only to NAMW members.
The NAMW book: Memoir Writing as a Healing Journey by Linda Joy Myers, Ph.D. (in pdf format)
Many memoir writers find that writing a personal history helps to integrate past and present, and gives them a new perspective about their lives. This book discusses the important research of Dr. James Pennebaker and other researchers that show how writing heals both body and soul, and makes a case for free expression and the wisdom of healing the past through writing the truth. Memoir Writing as a Healing Journey helps you with the journey of memoir writing, from how to get started to taming the inner critic. You will learn to how to make the transition from memory to memoir, and soon have many small stories or vignettes. There are powerful writing invitations to help you bypass your critic, and stories by other writers to encourage your path. You will find out that writing the truth is freeing and can be done without alienating the family.
At The National Association of Memoir Writers, we believe in the Power of Memoir writing!
Join NAMW Today!
After making the purchase successfully, you will be redirected to a page where you can create your own login credentials that will allow you to access the NAMW Member Area of this website. Following successful creation of your login credentials, you will be able to immediately access the NAMW Member Area. Membership fees are non-refundable.
Annual 12 Month Membership
NAMW offers an annual, 12 month membership for $149. This membership will be valid for 12 months from the date of purchase. After 1 year from the date of purchase, annual members access to the NAMW Member Area will be suspended, pending renewal of your annual membership or upgrade to a Lifetime Membership. Members will receive an invitation to renew their membership prior to the expiration of a current membership. If you have not received this invitation for some reason, please email email@example.com and we will send you the link to renew your membership. Upon renewal of your membership, you will be able to access the members area using your old login credentials.
|12-Month NAMW membership, $169|
NAMW is also currently offering a Limited number of Lifetime Membership for $725 for individuals who are not current members of NAMW. Current NAMW members who wish to upgrade to a Lifetime Membership, may do so for $595. If you are current NAMW member and wish to upgrade to a Lifetime Membership, you may access the link to upgrade from the NAMW Member Dashboard or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help facilitate the upgrade.
|Lifetime NAMW membership, $725|