NAMW Cyber Monday Sale
Here at the National Association of Memoir Writers, as we do every year, we celebrate the stories that give meaning to our lives, and offer programs and resources to help you to capture and preserve your special moments.
We love supporting you in your creative writing life to write and publish the stories that help you to offer a legacy and contribute to the conversations and insights of our times—we have to write about these times—this year especially! “Truth is stranger than fiction!”
Every year we offer deep discounts and new benefits for our members—and we hope you can join us for our programs and use our resources to help you on your journey. Read on to learn more about what we’re offering this year. And while you’re shopping, think of how you can start your story today!
Benefits and Sale Pricing!
This year, new memberships are just $149 $99 and membership renewals are $139 $97.
Our sale begins this Saturday, November 27th and will end on Monday, November 29th.
Cyber Monday Membership Sale Giveaways
Join or renew your membership during our Cyber Monday sale and your name will be entered into our drawing. You could win:
Four 15 minute coaching sessions with Linda Joy Myers
Take advantage of one-on-one time with Linda Joy to get your memoir on the right track. Linda Joy Myers is the founder of the National Association of Memoir Writers, and has been teaching. Memoir for over twenty-five years. A therapist for forty-plus years, Linda weaves a deep understanding of family dynamics and the process of healing with her expertise on craft—finding the moments of meaning that reveal your truth. The author of two prize-winning memoirs, Don’t Call Me Mother and Song of the Plains, Linda Joy teaches Write your Memoir in Six Months with Brooke Warner.
Four 30 minute coaching sessions with Jerry Waxler
Audio and transcript of the four session course taught by Linda Joy Myers and Brooke Warner: Wild.
Wild by Cheryl Strayed
In Wild, Strayed uses what’s called a framed structure, meaning that she writes the story of her life, but uses her limited time on the Pacific Crest Trail as a means to contain her story.
This four-session course showcases some of the things Strayed does brilliantly—structure; transitions; flashbacks vs. memory; and takeaway—so that you can begin to use these skills in your own writing.
Helen Sedwick: Legal and Ethical Issues in Memoir
Can a memoirist write about surviving abuse without getting sued by her abuser? Can a soldier write about PTSD without revealing the incompetence of commanders and therapists? Yes, but common sense and a cool head are key. Considering the tens of thousands of memoirs published each year, there are relatively few lawsuits. Claims are difficult and expensive to prove. Most targets don’t want to call attention to a matter best forgotten.
However, it’s important for memoir writers to be smart about the legal risks. They need to learn how to distinguish between the ones that are important to the narrative arc and the ones that are not.
My Memoir Organizer Download
The best way to keep track of the stories you are writing is to organize them in a binder where you can read them like a book. Printing out your stories and reading them as they will be seen in book form is a great way to experience all your hard work and experience how others will read your story!
For Cyber Monday, we offer a newly designed cover that can fit into your binder “MY MEMOIR.”
This year’s topics include:
- Childhood memories
- Roots and Legacies
- Love and Marriage
- Secrets and Hidden Truths…
- and more
You will receive over 90 writing prompts, a timeline, a list of dozens of memoir topics and writing tips to get you started and keep you going to “The End” of your memoir.
This year we are offering an immediate download so you can get started writing right away! Start the year with a way to organize your writing and your new inspirational prompts.
More benefits for being a member include:
- FREE access to Live Monthly Teleseminars and FREE downloadable recordings of over 100 archived Teleseminars
- Free downloadable recordings of our past Telesummits, with valuable topics such as “From Story to Sold! Becoming a Successful Memoir Author.” And you get access to some of the experts’ teleseminar transcripts.
- Special Member Discounts for Workshops, Online Classes, and Webinars
- Receive three FREE e-Books on the memoir-writing craft by renowned authors Linda Joy Myers, Sharon Lippincott, and Jerry Waxler.
- PDF download of the NAMW e-Book: Memoir Writing as a Healing Journey by Linda Joy Myers, Ph.D.
- Exposure to cutting-edge news and information about the memoir-writing field
- Opportunities to share your successes and new publications with other memoir writers and ask questions on our NAMW Members-Only Facebook group and Member Group Coaching
- Benefit with our web designer, Sam Baja. Special for NAMW members: discounted rate to build and maintain your author website/blog.