Free Roundtable Event April 5, 2012
4 PM PDT 5 PM MDT 6 PM CDT 7 PM EDT
Learn from these creative and courageous women about the choices they made to publish their memoirs. Jonna self-published on Kindle, and Denise spent many years looking to be traditionally published. They will talk about why they made these choices and discuss the pros and cons of each method.
- Fear of telling the truth, and how that affects the publishing journey
- Seeking an agent and/or a major publisher
- Author control over the final product when self-published
- Sell yourself and your book. In today’s world, you can’t hide. Social media: Facebook, Twitter, and a website are musts for authors.
- Giving books away for free and why this is so important
- Knowing when to take off the writer hat and put on the publishing/PR hat.
- Social Media/ Reviews and Being Patient
Denise Roessle is the author of Second Chance Mother, and is a professional copywriter and graphic designer. In 1996, after she reunited with the son she had given up for adoption when she was 19, she began writing on this more personal topic. Her articles have appeared in national adoption magazines and newsletters, and she continues to be active in the post-adoption, adoption reform, and birthmother support arenas. Second-Chance Mother is her first book, recounting her early years in reunion.
Jonna Ivin is busy working on the film adaptation of Will Love For Crumbs and editing Loving For Crumbs – An Anthology. The audio book for Will Love For Crumbs will be released Summer/Fall 2012.
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1210084128
Website – http://www.wix.com/jonnaivin/jonnaivin
I’ve tried to confirm my signing up for a download of this upcoming event, but I’m not sure that visiting the link given in the confirmation e-mail has done the trick. Since that is Maundy Thursday, I’ll be singing in concert and am unable to attend the live conference and would really like to get the audio version. Thanks!