Building Your Brand through Writing your Book
11 AM Sheri McConnell
As you begin to publish your work, you will discover that agents and publishers are looking for writers who have a “platform” and a way to market themselves for the most appeal to a larger audience. Don’t let this language scare you! “Branding” and “platform” are terms used about the shortcuts you use to create an “image” that appeals to agents, publishers, and editors. Sheri will share insider secrets about the process of writing a book, the path to publishing, and how to attract publicity for your book.
You will learn:
• How your book and its themes help to create your brand
• Keys understanding where your book fits in the publishing conversation
• Options for publishing: e-publishing, vanity publishing, self-publishing, collaborative publishing, traditional publishing, and beyond
• Simple strategies to market your book
• How to get your book written yet manage a busy life
• Three tips to get you started writing your book in the next 30 days
Sheri McConnell is the CEO of Sheri McConnell Companies, Inc. and the president and founder of two national organizations, the National Association of Women Writers-NAWW and the International Association of Web Entrepreneurs-AWE. Under the same corporate umbrella she is also the owner of two high-level product and consulting companies: Create Your Group and My Millionaire Friends. You can visit Sheri, access her free article archive, and find out more about all four of her companies at www.sherimcconnell.com. Sheri lives in San Antonio, Texas with her husband, their four children, a weenie dog, and two cats.