- National Association of Memoir Writers Announces Session and Speaker Line-up for the 2010 Free Memoir Writing Day-Long Telesummit—From Transformation to Publication
- National Association of Memoir Writers President & Author of The Power of Memoir How to Write Your Healing Story, Linda Joy Myers to Participate in Interview at Free Day-Long Memoir Writing Telesummit
- National Association of Memoir Writers presents Denis LeDoux, Founder of The Soleil Lifestory Network at Free Day-Long Memoir Writing Telesummit
- National Association of Memoir Writers Free Day-Long Memoir Writing Telesummit to Host Kay Adams
- Sheila Bender Author of The New Theology: Turning to Poetry in a Time of Grief to Speak at National Association of Memoir Writers Free Day-long Memoir Writing Telesummit
- National Association of Memoir Writers Host Literary Editor Alan Rinzler & Literary Agent Verna Dreisbach at Day-long Memoir Writing Telesummit
- Join Us for Tomorrow’s Free Memoir Writing Telesummit: From Transformation to Publication!
- Tuning into Your Memoir Stories
Agent & Editor Help You Learn How to Attract and Agent & Publisher
Sign Up Below (we’re sorry, this promotion is no longer available)Alan Rinzler and Verna Dreisbach have worked with hundreds of authors to help them bring their ideas into the larger world. An agent’s role is to recognize an idea or work in progress that needs an audience, and that contributes something to the public. The editor at the publishing house is in the position to listen to the agent’s pitch and decide whether to take on the author. An important factor in this process is to determine if the book can sell. Both of them intersect with writers and help to develop a book that can reach hundreds of thousands, even millions of people. Yet not all books, or authors, are ready for this step.
- What does an agent look for?
- What is a proposal, and why is it important?
- What is the editor need to see to consider publishing a book?
- Is there an ideal kind of client that the agent and publisher look for?
- Does your book need to be finished to present to an agent or publisher?
- What kinds of books are getting published now?
Alan Rinzler is the Executive Editor at Jossey-Bass, an imprint of John Wiley & Sons. Alan has edited and published Toni Morrison, Hunter S. Thompson, Tom Robbins, Shirley MacLaine, Irv Yalom, Jerzy Kosinski, Bob Dylan, Phyllis Chesler, Clive Cussler.
Verna Dreisbach, of Dreisbach Literary Management, is an agent, author and educator. Her Seal Press anthology, Why We Ride will be released May, 2010. Verna is the founder and president of Capitol City Young Writers, a non-profit organization that supports and encourages creative writing in aspiring youth. Verna represents both fiction and non-fiction authors with a particular interest in books with a political, economic or social context.
Session 5 of the 2010 National Association of Memoir Writers Memoir Writing Telesummit—From Transformation to Publication
Topic: Write Important Books—Attract an Agent and Publisher
Speakers: Verna Dreisbach, Literary Agent and Alan Rinzler, Executive Editor at Jossey Bass publishers
Date: Friday April 16, 2010
Time: 3:00 PM PDT | 4:00 PM MDT | 5:00 PM CDT | 6:00 PM EDT
Session Length: 1 Hour
You can participate in this or any of the other 4 sessions during this day long memoir writing event, LIVE, via telephone or receive the link to download the audio by simply signing up here below. We look forward to having you join us for this wonderful, informative day with professionals who will help you get to your important next steps in your memoir journey.