- National Association of Memoir Writers Announces Session and Speaker Line-up for the 2010 Free Memoir Writing Day-Long Telesummit—From Transformation to Publication
- National Association of Memoir Writers President & Author of The Power of Memoir How to Write Your Healing Story, Linda Joy Myers to Participate in Interview at Free Day-Long Memoir Writing Telesummit
- National Association of Memoir Writers presents Denis LeDoux, Founder of The Soleil Lifestory Network at Free Day-Long Memoir Writing Telesummit
- National Association of Memoir Writers Free Day-Long Memoir Writing Telesummit to Host Kay Adams
- Sheila Bender Author of The New Theology: Turning to Poetry in a Time of Grief to Speak at National Association of Memoir Writers Free Day-long Memoir Writing Telesummit
- National Association of Memoir Writers Host Literary Editor Alan Rinzler & Literary Agent Verna Dreisbach at Day-long Memoir Writing Telesummit
- Join Us for Tomorrow’s Free Memoir Writing Telesummit: From Transformation to Publication!
- Tuning into Your Memoir Stories
Learn How to Make Your Memoir Compelling
Sign Up Below! (we’re sorry, this promotion is no longer available)When you begin the journey of writing your memoir, you need to draw upon your emotional motivation and your passion to write your story. Sheila Bender’s memoir The New Theology: Turning to Poetry in a Time of Grief was a transition from writing poetry, personal essay and instructional work, she will talk about what she learned over the seven years she worked on her memoir. Included in the discussion will be story structure, the purpose of memoir, and what she as an author has to offer others. She will talk about how you might shape your memoir, and how to write toward an ending you don’t yet know.
These points will be covered:
- Know what’s at stake
- Have a time frame
- Educate others about something they’ll be interested in
- What to do if you don’t have the answers to the first three questions
- How to work from personal essay to memoir
Bio: Sheila Bender, MA, is a renowned poet, essayist, and workshop leader. She has been published in Poetry Northwest, The Seattle Review, The Bellingham Review, Tiny Lights, and Tidepools among others. Her newest book, A New Theology: Turning to Poetry in a Time of Grief, is out from Imago Press in Tucson, AZ
Session 4 of the 2010 National Association of Memoir Writers Memoir Writing Telesummit—From Transformation to Publication
Topic: Making a Memoir Compelling
Speaker: Sheila Bender, MA, renowned poet, essayist, and workshop leader
Date: Friday April 16, 2010
Time: 1:45 PM PDT | 2: 45 PM MDT | 3: 45 PM CDT | 4:45 PM EDT
Session Length: 1 Hour
You can participate in this or any of the other 4 sessions during this day long memoir writing event, LIVE, via telephone or receive the link to download the audio by simply signing up here below. We look forward to having you join us for this wonderful, informative day with professionals who will help you get to your important next steps in your memoir journey.